Substances (Serves 4)
- four free-range skin-on hen breast
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 medium-sized cauliflower
- 2 pomegranates
- Bunch of flat-leaf parsley
- 200g pine nuts
- 300ml rapeseed oil
- 50ml pink wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly floor black pepper
- Place the hen breasts in a big bowl, rub throughout with 100ml of the rapeseed oil, the lemon zest, salt and pepper, after which cowl with cling movie. Miss of the fridge whilst you put together the remainder of the dish.
- Minimize the pomegranates. Maintain a half over a bowl in a single hand and use your different hand to smack the outer shell with a spoon so all of the seeds fall out into the bowl. Repeat the method with all of the pomegranate halves. (Getting seeds out of pomegranates could be extremely irritating. If this method isn’t working for you strive the water in a bowl technique. Watch BBC Good Meals’s demonstration right here.)
- Guarantee there aren’t any items of white pith within the bowl with the seeds, then add the pink wine vinegar and the remainder of the oil to the pomegranate seeds. Season with salt and pepper and put aside.
- Minimize the cauliflower into quarters after which slice very thinly with a pointy knife.
- Choose the leaves from the parsley stalks, discard the stalks and chop the leaves finely.
- In a bowl, combine the chopped parsley with the sliced cauliflower, then pour within the pomegranate dressing and mix completely.
- Place the pine nuts on a baking tray and place in a pre-heated oven at 200°C/gasoline 6 for six to eight minutes till they’re a light-weight golden color.
- Place the marinated hen breasts both on a sizzling griddle pan, a barbecue or a sizzling tray in a pre-heated oven at 200°C.
- If cooking on a griddle pan or barbecue, rotate the hen breasts each 5 to 10 minutes in order that they prepare dinner evenly. If cooking within the oven, then prepare dinner for about 20 minutes till the hen breast is absolutely cooked right through. (In case you’re utilizing bone-in hen breasts take away the meat from the bone). Slice in half.
- To serve, scatter the cauliflower salad over the serving plate, place the sliced hen breast on the cauliflower salad and sprinkle over the toasted pine nuts. Drizzle any extra pomegranate dressing over and across the hen.
The chef Adam Grey is a Michelin-starred chef and a champion of ethically and sustainably sourced meals. He has been the pinnacle chef at award-winning eating places together with Rhodes Twenty 4, Skylon and Bourne and Hollingsworth in London.
This recipe was taken from SHIFT56 Get-Lean Lunches, which you’ll obtain free at shift56.com